What is an infrared sauna?
Unlike a traditional sauna, infrared saunas don’t heat the air around you. Instead, they use infrared lamps (that use electromagnetic radiation) to warm your body directly.
These saunas use infrared panels instead of conventional heat to easily penetrate human tissue, heating up your body before heating up the air.
An infrared sauna can operate at a lower temperature (usually between 148˚C and 60˚C) than a traditional sauna, which is typically between 65˚C and 88˚C.
In an infrared sauna, only about 20 percent of the heat goes to heat the air and the other 80 percent directly heats your body. The heat penetrates more deeply than warmed air. This allows you to experience a more intense sweat at a lower temperature.
This environment is more tolerable, which allows you to stay in the sauna longer while increasing your core body temperature by two to three degrees.
What are the benefits of using an infrared sauna?
The benefits of using an infrared sauna are similar to those experienced with a traditional sauna. These include:
relief from sore muscles
relief from joint pain such as arthritis
clear and tighter skin
help for people with chronic fatigue syndrome
Want more information on Infrared treatments, or want to book in for a treatment?
Join our wait list so you can book your first session of Infrared therapy and experience all the benefits it can offer.